This recipe for Healthy California BLT with Lemon Aioli was created in partnership with Butterball. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite!
Sigh. It’s official. Summer vacation is more than half over. And I didn’t even have to look at a calendar to realize this wretched fact. My television. It’s plagued with… back to school shopping commercials.
The worst. Like, are they trying to give a collective instantaneous anxiety attack to teachers nation-wide?
Now listen, I know us teachers have it
good great amazing the freaking best. I’m incredibly blessed to be off for 2 months. I cherish this time with my family and friends. I’m eating freaking fantastic (hello ice cream). And it’s only natural to never want it to end.
Oh yea, it won’t. I’ll have off next summer, and the summer after that, and… oh, sorry. I don’t mean to brag.
So listen, soon I’m going to have to start fitting into clothing that has actual buttons and zippers again. Goodbye stretchy mesh shorts. It’s time to start making some better choices around lunch and dinner time. And this Healthy California BLT with Lemon Aioli is just that. A better, great choice.
Reasons to love this sandwich:
- it’s packed with flavor
- this Healthy California BLT with Lemon Aioli is a lunch or dinner you can feel good about serving your family. It’s healthy and doesn’t taste that way.
- make the most of this stunning August produce. Crips green leaf lettuce. Heirloom tomatoes. Avocados. Sprouts. Mmmm hmmmm.
- barely any cooking required. It’s a super quick and easy summer dinner that just basically takes some quick assembling.
- anything with the word California is instantly better. Watch.
- Roll —> California Roll
- Hotel —> Hotel California
- Pizza Kitchen —> California Pizza Kitchen.
An easy swap out to make your BLT a bit lighter? Turkey bacon. It’s something you can eat every day and still feel good about yourself. You know what I’m talking about.
Get yo’ Turketarian on. It’s part of a healthy lifestyle and is a great lean protein to serve to those you love most.
Yourself Your family.
I know you’ve heard of Butterball. Especially at Thanksgiving time. But they offer way more than those once a year whole turkeys, including sausages, burgers (did you see my totally legit Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Turkey Burgers a few weeks back?), and BACON.
Butterball totally gets the need to have products to make family life easier. It’s hard enough to get dinner on the table. They totally can help with accessible, quick and easy customizable meal options.
Case in point: Healthy California BLT with Lemon Aioli
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 (12 ounce) package Butterball turkey bacon, cooked
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) package sprouts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, and garlic powder. Season lemon aioli with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with Kosher salt.
- To assemble sandwiches, stuff two pieces of toast with layers of lettuce, tomato, turkey bacon, avocado, sprouts, and a generous smear of lemon aioli. Devour immediately.
Follow along with Butterball for special savings, recipe ideas, and more!
Healthy California BLT with Lemon Aioli
Need More Healthy Summer Options?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Butterball. The opinions and text are all mine.