No backyard bbq is complete without s’mores. And with these 15 Creative S’mores Recipes, your next get together will be legendary!
I’m 30 today.
It’s my birfffday.
I know, I know. It’s tough to imagine this sweet baby face is 30 years old. Although I rarely get carded anymore and my elementary students often tell me they think I’m in my 40’s (I swear, they have no concept of age), my wife guarantees me that I don’t look a day over 29.
It’s been a weekend long celebration around here. A special dinner at Torrisi Italian Specialties with Asheley on Saturday. Family party on Sunday. And today… a get together with friends at my fave local Thai restaurant.
But no celebration would be complete without including you guys. You’re my people. We understand each other. And I’ve been saving this post for awhile now, just to share for this very occasion.
We all know s’mores are awesome. But, these smores. Well, let’s just say Asheley and I had quite the fantastic time taste-testing these 15 creative s’mores recipes.
1. Candied Bacon S’mores.
Graham cracker + dark chocolate + marshmallow + candied bacon = my new favorite s’more!
Seriously. These Candied Bacon S’mores are salty sweet perfection.
It was my mom’s favorite, too. I let her in on the taste-testing also. That’s just the kind of sweet, thoughful son I am
And don’t let the thought of making candied bacon overwhelm you. It’s ridiculously easy.
Coat some strips of bacon with brown sugar, place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet, and bake in a 375 – 400°F oven for about 15-25 minutes, until the bacon is crispy. Transfer to some paper towels to cool, and boom… candied bacon.
2. Cookie Butter (Speculoos) S’mores.
I’ve eaten more speculoos/cookie butter this past year than I probably should admit. For instance…
- Pretzel Coated Cookie Butter Truffles
- Caramel and White Chocolate Cookie Butter Blondies
- Cookie Butter Stuffed Brown Butter + Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Butter Puppy Chow (i.e. Sandy Buddies)
- Cookie Butter and Nutella Stuffed Brooksters
- Speculoos Crack Pie
And that’s not counting all the times I just grabbed a quick spoonful
I don’t know why I never thought of replacing the chocolate with cookie butter before, but now it’s all about making up for lost time. Cookie Butter S’mores are freaking fantastic.
3. Roasted Berries S’mores.
I can’t take credit for this genius idea. I saw it on Jelly Toast Blog and had to try it. Well, she’s right. It’s amazing.
First, have you ever roasted fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in the oven? It’s super easy and the payoff is HUGE. Like, I wanted to bathe in the stuff. It’s that good.
And if you can find these waffle cookies in the grocery store, you get bonus points. If not, just use good ole’ trusty graham crackers.
My mom was a big fan of these Roasted Berries S’mores. And my mom knows s’mores.
4. Salted Caramel S’mores.
Need I say more? Salted Caramel S’mores.
It’s as easy as grabbing your fave caramel sauce (or DIY’ing it if you’re that kind of awesomeness) and sprinkling on some seriously flaky sea salt.
5. Samoa Cookie S’mores.
I have to admit, I’m not a coconut fan. But I know people go all ga-ga over those Girl Scout Samoa Cookies. So why not smother some caramel and toasted coconut right up in that toasted marshmallow? Exactly.
6. Chocolate Chip Cookie Nutella S’mores.
Chocolate chip cookies make a great standby for graham crackers. And can we just say nutella for the win? For realz… who needs little squares of chocolate when you can slather on the nutella.
I just may have to make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Nutella S’mores a regular at my backyard grill-outs.
7. Mexican Chocolate S’mores.
Cinnamon + Chili Powder adds just that little punch of flavor that your taste buds want. Really, I swear. Just ask them. They’ll tell ya how it is.
8. The Elvis S’mores.
Elvis apparently loved banana, peanut butter, and bacon sandwiches. So my guess is that he would of loved these s’mores, too.
9. Chocolate Covered Potato Chip S’mores.
Have you ever had a chocolate covered potato chip? You should. Go ahead, pause this and treat yourself immediately. I’ll wait.
:: waiting ::
Okay, now that your mind is blown, blow it again by making these Chocolate Covered Potato Chip S’mores.
10. Chocolate Covered Pretzel S’mores.
C’mon, you had to have seen this coming. Chocolate Covered Pretzel S’mores are equally amazing.
Light bulb. What if you did potato chips AND pretzels all on one?! Uhm, #forthewin.
11. Rice Krispies Treat S’mores.
Asheley LOVES rices krispie treats. She may or may not of (she did) eat the entire pan of rice krispie treats within 24 hours.
And Asheley was the official taste tester of this Rice Krispies Treat S’mores. Her expert reccomendation? Do an open-faced s’more on this one.
And my recommendation… make the rice krispie treats as thin as possible. It makes the s’mores eating process a whole lot easier
12. Oreo Cookie S’mores.
My dad was all about these Oreo Cookie S’mores. And the marshmallow is the perfect size for an oreo. It’s like it was meant to be.
13. Reese Peanut Butter Cup S’mores.
Now I went ahead and cut that PB Cup in half lengthwise , but feel free to just slap one on there whole. Looks like the classic fluffernutter just got a facelift… Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup S’mores. #boom
14. Snickers S’mores.
So pretty much any candy will work in place of chocolate. Like snickers. Hungry? Why wait.
15. Milky Way S’mores.
And the trusty Milky Way of course works well, too. Quick tip: freeze the candy bar for a bit before trying to slice lengthwise. It’ll make it easier to get a clean cut.
16. Kit Kat S’mores.
And probably my favorite candy bar… the Kit Kat. It adds an extra layer of crispy crunchy goodness and totally ups the overall s’mores enjoyment factor.
Other candy ideas:
- Almond Joy
- Peppermint Patty
- Nestle’s Crunch
- Graham Crackers
- Dark or Milk Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Waffle Cookies
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookie Butter or Speculoos
- Candied Bacon (recipe below)
- Roasted Berries (recipe below)
- Caramel Sauce
- Sea Salt
- Bananas, sliced
- Chili Powder
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips and Pretzels (recipe below)
- Milky Ways, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Snickers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Kit Kats, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Reese Peanut Butter Cups
- Brown Sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Potato Chips
- Mini Pretzels
- Dark Chocolate
- I don't think anyone needs a lesson in how to build a s'mores, but here's the idea...
- Using a stick, long grilling fork, or wood skewer, stick on a marshmallow and roast over an open flame for 30-60 seconds, or until toasted.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers (or cookies, etc) lined with chocolate (or other toppings) Devour immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375-400°F. Sprinkle both sides of strips of bacon with brown sugar. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and cook in oven until crisp, about 15-25 minutes. Transfer candied bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Spread into an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in a 450°F oven for 20-25 minutes. Transfer fruit and syrup to a bowl. Let cool completely before using on s'mores.
- Place some dark chocolate in a small bowl and microwave on medium power just until barely melted through, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip pretzels and potato chips in chocolate and place on a piece of wax paper to allow chocolate to harden.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with chocolate and candied bacon.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with cookie butter.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 waffle cookies or graham crackers lined with chocolate and a spoonful of roasted berries.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with caramel sauce and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with caramel sauce and toasted coconut.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 chocolate chip cookies lined with nutella.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon and chili powder.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with peanut butter, banana, and candied bacon.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with chocolate covered potato chips.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with chocolate covered pretzels.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 thin rice krispie treats lined with chocolate.
- Place roasted marshmallow between an oreo cookie lined with chocolate.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with a peanut butter cup.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with bite sized pieces of snickers.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with bite sized pieces of milky way.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers lined with bite sized pieces of kit kat.