This post for Bacon Wrapped Brats with Cheddar Beer Sauce and Sriracha is sponsored by Johnsonville® brats and Social Stars. As always, all opinions and recipes are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite! #SausageFamily
Fire up the grill and throw a legendary backyard BBQ with these Bacon Wrapped Brats with Cheddar Beer Sauce and Sriracha!
Oh hey there Independence Day! You’re looking fine. It’s just about that time of year when us Americans get our patriotic celebration on, and I have to be honest… I’m not sure at this point what my July 4th is going to look like.
Baby girl Olivia is literally due any day now. Actually, her official due date is tomorrow! Asheley is hoping she’s the punctual type. The hospital bag is packed. The car seat base is installed in my new daddy-mobile. And Asheley is beyond ready to be able to actually move and breathe again. Baby girl Olivia… we are as prepared and ready for you as first time parents can be (which, my guess is, not really ready at all).
So yea, it’s pretty doubtful Asheley and I will be hosting a BBQ this year, but you totally need to do it up right. We will most likely be feeling the very beginnings of sleep deprivation at that point, so you need to celebrate for us.
Get your family and friends together. Fire up that grill. And kick your backyard BBQ up a notch. I’m talking about these Bacon Wrapped Brats with Cheddar-Beer Sauce and Sriracha. This is legit celebration food right here.
I’m pretty much a fan of anything that is served up in a bun. It’s the ultimate party food… no utensils required. And brats are perfect for pretty much any summer party occasion… cook outs, picnics, family dinners, BBQs.
All I know is… it’s always a good idea to wrap your brats in bacon (obviously), and this combination of cheddar-beer sauce + sriracha might just become a staple condiment duo for my backyard bashes. I’m thinking my friends are going to love slathering anything and everything with the stuff.
- 4 Johnsonville® Beef Brats (or brat flavor of your choice)
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 buns
- Cheddar-Beer Sauce (recipe below)
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces beer
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Tightly wrap 1 slice bacon around each brat. Grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until bacon is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Place bacon-wrapped brats in buns and top with Sriracha and Cheddar-Beer Sauce. Devour immediately.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a small saucepan. Add flour and stir, cooking for 1 minute. Add beer and stir to fully incorporate, letting it simmer until a thickened mixture is formed (should leave a trail in the bottom of pan when stirred). Remove from heat and add cheese and dijon mustard, stirring until fully melted. Season with Kosher salt and pepper.