With just 5 minutes of prep, these super simple Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Nachos (Totchos) are the perfect game day grub! Get your creative nacho on and enjoy this twist on buffalo chicken wings!
I literally just had to google when the Superbowl is happening this year. I typically don’t even know it’s going down until a few days prior, when the annual football pool starting floating around at work. I honestly have no idea who’s playing. And as bad as this hurts my overall man rating, I really don’t care all that much.
The Superbowl for me means three things…
- Commercials! Woot!
- A half time show I usually hate. It’s the music teacher in me… I still cringe when thinking back to that Black Eyed Peas one a few years ago.
- Some legit game-day food with awesome friends.
Emphasis on that last one. Especially the food part.
Nothing upscale or refined. No forks required. I want to get down and dirty with big, bold, and tasty goodness. Obviously nachos come to mind. But we can do better. Take it up a notch. I’m talking creative nachos. Like these Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Nachos. And if you’re one of those cool kids, you already know that tater tot nachos are called… TOTCHOS.
Yup, it’s tater tot nachos overload up in here. But these Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Nachos? They might just be my favorite totchos creation yet.
Because really, what’s more game day appropriate than buffalo chicken? Nothing.
Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot NachosPrint
Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Nachos (Totchos)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 1 (32 ounce) package tater tots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Frank’s buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (or cheddar)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Cook tater tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine shredded chicken and wing sauce in a small bowl. Top cooked tater tots with buffalo chicken, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cook in 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through.
- Top with scallions, blue cheese dressing, and crumbled blue cheese. Devour immediately.
Need More Game Day Recipes?