This post for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Quesadillas is sponsored by Flatout Bread. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite! #FlatoutIsMyCanvas
In just 10 minutes, you can transform a handful of ingredients into these luxurious Caramel Apple Cheesecake Quesadillas. A perfect fall snack or dessert!
Anyone else forget to eat lunch at work? Like, you’re so busy running around all day, your brain fails to remind you that you should eat? That’s how some days in the life of a music teacher develops… teaching lessons throughout the day, extra help and make-up lessons during lunch/recess, returning parent emails on prep, and then poof!!!! It’s time to go home. And since that time to go home involves picking up baby girl from Mima’s first and then
driving sitting in NY traffic for about 45 to 60 minutes, you better believe I’m ready to eat my left foot by the time I walk in the door.
And sure, those Healthy Mini Vegetarian Greek Sliders I made last month with Flatout Flatbread are pretty darn amazing, but sometimes I crave sweet. Okay, in reality, I always crave sweet. So once Olivia is fed and happily playing with her feet (yup, she just found her feet, yay!!), I can sneak away to make a quick snack. Something like this Caramel Apple Cheesecake Quesadillas!
ERMAGHERD people. These dessert quesadillas. Sweet baby Jesus where have you been all my life?
Best part? You can make it in under 10 minutes. 5 if you are really fast and especially hungry. Thinly slice an apple. Mix up some cream cheese with brown sugar and cinnamon. Layer ’em in a tortilla and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. A quick little trip to the skillet and BAM… instant euphoria.
Remember how you always keep a jar of caramel sauce in the fridge for when situations for it’s use arise (i.e. extremely often because caramel is one of God’s greatest gifts to this world). Give it a good drizzle on the finished quesadilla and sprinkle with a little sea salt if that’s your thing (it should be your thing)… and commence shoving the entire Caramel Apple Cheesecake Quesadillas in yo’ mouth.
Let’s talk Flatout Bread. These guys are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Wraps, Pizza Crusts, pita-like FoldIts. They do it all, and in a bunch of different flavors. The wraps are all packed with flavor, are low in fat, high in fiber, and contain only about 100 calories each. Grab your favorite flavor and let it be your blank canvas for building your food masterpieces. You can also check out their Recipe Center for some inspiration!
- 4 Flatout Bread Healthy Grain Wraps or other tortillas
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch Kosher salt
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- Caramel sauce
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 10 second intervals until softened. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of Kosher salt.
- Spread ¼ of the cheesecake mixture on half of each wrap. Top with apple slices, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Fold over each wrap, spray the outside of your quesadilla lightly with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. This will give you a golden brown caramelized crust for your quesadillas!
- Heat a large skillet over medium/medium-high heat. Working one at a time, spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook quesadillas for about 1 minute per side, until the exterior is golden brown and the goodness inside is all ooey gooey. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with Kosher salt. Devour!
More Apple Action?