- 1 (32 ounce) package tater tots
- 1 (8 ounce) package thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4 Davidson’s Safest Choice® pasteurized egg(s)
- 1 1/2 c queso (recipe below)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- ketchup, sriracha, or other condiments for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 pound sliced white American cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bake tater tots according to package directions, until crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook chopped bacon over medium/medium-low heat until crisp. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium/medium low heat. Once hot (adding a droplet of water to the pan should make it gently sizzle), crack open eggs and add them, one at a time, into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cover with a lid. This will help the tops of the whites set before overcooking the bottom of the eggs. The eggs are done cooking when the whites are just set (the yolk will still be runny).
- Transfer tater tots to serving dish and top with queso, bacon, scallions, egg, and the condiments of your choice (ketchup, sriracha, etc).
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium/medium-low heat. Add flour and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes, cooking away raw flour taste, but do not let it go past pale brown.
- Add whole milk and whisk until the butter-flour mixture has been completely incorporated. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the milk thickens slightly and it coats the back of a spoon. Remove pan from heat, add cheese and season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir until fully melted.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes