As social distancing continues, so does our urge to bake. And also our urge to eat everything we bake. So, in our quest to eat all the sweets, we decided a brownie would be a good next step. A soft, fudged, iced brownie to be exact.
Add frosting a few minutes after the brownies come out of the oven.
Keep in mind the frosting should melt into the brownies.
These are just like the brownies I would get in grade school.
- 1 cup of room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of hershey’s fudge ( or any other type of liquid fudge sauce )
- 1/4 cup of room temperature butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pre heat the oven to 350f
- Mix the butter and cocoa powder in a stand mixer until there are no lumps
- Add eggs one at a time until they are incorporated
- Add vanilla extract
- Add sugar and whip until incorporated
- Mix on slow and add flour in small amounts
- Butter a 9×13 pan
- For the frosting; beat the cocoa powder and butter until incorporated, then add milk and powdered sugar until it looks like frosting.
- Put the brownies in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Check the center before you take them out.
- Once the brownies are out of the oven wait a few minutes before adding the frosting.
- Wait until they are cool before cutting them.