These Vegan Sweet Potato Hummus and Apple Bites are brought to you by Flatout Bread. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite!
So when I decided to just try blending a good quality store bought hummus with some roasted sweet potatoes, I was really hoping it’s would work out the way I wanted. Good news, it totally did. It takes totally awesome and WAY better than just regular old hummus. I love the slight little sweetness the sweet potato adds.
When I first started serving these Vegan Sweet Potato Hummus and Apple Bites, I used crackers. But the other day I realized the crackers in the pantry went stale on me and I had no interest in heading to the grocery store. Enter… yet again for another HUGE save, Flatout flatbread!
I always have a stockpile of Flatout products lying around for this very reason. They have saved breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacking SO many times at my house.
I love cutting up Flatout flatbreads into little chip shapes and baking them off. Not only are they way better for me than those fried tortilla chips, I can also customize the flavors. For these Vegan Sweet Potato Hummus and Apple Bites, I brushed the flatbreads with lemon juice and sprinkled with salt and pepper. I love the little acidic kick the lemon adds to the baked chips!
Make sure to look for Flatout products at your local grocery store in the deli section. To see what stores in your area carry Flatout, check out their product locator! And if you need some recipe inspiration, they have a HUGE recipe center!
For easy entertaining at parties, I just put out a big tray of the chips, hummus, apple slices, and shallot and let guests build their own. It’s way easier and encourages people to interact!
I’m so excited to share this video with you all. I teamed up with a bunch of other food bloggers that LOVE Flatout to create this awesome Flatout tribute to share the #FlatoutLove!Print
- 4 Flatout flatbreads
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) container hummus
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes (about 3–4 sweet potatoes
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallot, thinly sliced
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush eat flatbread with lemon juice and sprinkle with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut into chip shapes and place in a single layer on baking trays lined with aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 5-7 minutes until chips are golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, puree hummus with cooked sweet potato flesh (skins discarded) until smooth and well combined.
- Top chips with sweet potato hummus, two slices apple, a little shallot, and sprinkle of parsley. Devour.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 6
Vegan Sweet Potato Hummus and Apple Bites