Vegan Sweet Potato Hummus and Apple Bites
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: About 36-40 Bites
- 4 Flatout flatbreads
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) container hummus
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes (about 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallot, thinly sliced
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush eat flatbread with lemon juice and sprinkle with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut into chip shapes and place in a single layer on baking trays lined with aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 5-7 minutes until chips are golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, puree hummus with cooked sweet potato flesh (skins discarded) until smooth and well combined.
- Top chips with sweet potato hummus, two slices apple, a little shallot, and sprinkle of parsley. Devour.