These are basic Banana Oat Muffins with added chopped chocolate.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ of a cup rolled oats
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- ½ stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup chopped semisweet chocolate (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 350f
- In a large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients. flour, oats, baking soda and salt
- In a stand mixer add both sugars and room temperature butter and mix on medium for 2-3 minutes
- Mash bananas and add them to the mixer
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract and chocolate. Mix on low.
- Once everything is incorporated add the dry ingredients and mix on low just till everything is mixed. Try not to over mix.
- Butter muffin tin
- Use ice cream scoop to add batter to each muffin cup
- Bake on middle rack for 45-50 minutes
- Once muffins come out of the oven place on a metal cooling rack for an hour