This recipe for Roasted Grape and Blue Cheese Pizza with Honey, Walnut, and Thyme is the result of partnering with Castello for a Summer of Blue. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite!
Well hello there new school year.
Stinks Nice to meet you.
Yup, this is officially the first week of a new school year. It’s the first time I can ever remember (as a student or teacher) going back to school before Labor Day. Eh, that’s okay… at least I have off next Monday now 🙂
And sure, although the start of the school year signals the unofficial end of summer for me, it actually still has a few weeks left… so don’t you dare even think about packing up that patio furniture yet. Get out there, crack open some beers and bottles of rosé, and keep on keeping on.
Oh, and of course make this Roasted Grape and Blue Cheese Pizza with Honey, Walnut, and Thyme.
If you’ve ever had them, you fully understand. If you’ve never had them, you have not yet lived fully and need to unlock this missing piece of happiness in your life. It’s that important.
Grapes are naturally high in sugar, so when it gets all hot in the oven during the roasting process, these little purple gems caramelize into bursts of fruity goodness.
But, this Castello® Saga Blue Brie is different. It’s not your average blue cheese. It’s a triple-cream blue and white cheese with that is a uniquely delicious flavor experience.
And when it pairs up with roasted grapes, honey, walnuts, and thyme? Yea.. it’s pretty legit.
What I really love about this pizza? It’s kind of like an epic cheese board… all on one big ole’ slice of bread. Just don’t forget that wine 😉
Uncork some wine, set up the patio furniture, and enjoy the rest of your summer with this Roasted Grape and Blue Cheese Pizza with Honey, Walnut, and Thyme.
- 1 (12″) Pizza Dough, Naan, or Flatbread, grilled or baked
- 2 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 (5 ounce) wedge Castello Saga Blue Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay grapes in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, season generously with Kosher salt, and toss to coat. Roast grapes for 25-30 minutes, until slightly wrinkled.
- Top cooked pizza crust (or naan or flatbread) with roasted grapes, crumbled blue brie cheese, and walnuts. Place back in oven (or on a grill over medium heat with cover closed) for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with thyme. Devour immediately.
Any good-quality “pizza like” crust will do. Feel free to use naan if you have it. I usually grab some pizza dough from a local pizzeria.