- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallot
- 1/2 jalapeño finely minced
- 3 Davidson’s Safest Choice® pasteurized eggs, scrambled
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Sauté red bell pepper, shallot, and jalapeño, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine scrambled eggs, sautéed vegetables, corn, and shredded cheese. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Set aside a small bowl of water to help seal wontons. Working one at a time, add 1 small spoonful of southwest omelette mixture to the center of each wonton wrapper. Be careful not to overfill or it will be very difficult to seal wontons. Moisten the perimeter of each wonton. Fold the wonton in half and seal tightly all around. Make sure there are no air pockets or holes in the wonton. Place sealed wontons under a moistened paper towel to keep them from drying out.
- When all wontons are folded and sealed, heat remaining oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add wontons to pan in a single layer, in batches if necessary, and cook approximately 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to skillet and quickly cover with lid. Be careful as oil will splatter. Cook for 2 minutes, shaking occasionally. Remove lid and cook until water evaporates and dumplings are cooked through.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes