This recipe for Spicy Caramelized Pineapple Bacon Guacamole was created in partnership with Food Should Taste Good
But hey, it’s all good. Being a music teacher is so rewarding, and all the long hours these next few weeks will bring a lot of joy, pride, and confidence to my kiddies. Plus, there is only 6 weeks of school left. Woot!
And having my parents here will actually be really great. Live-in babysitters for the win! Maybe Asheley and I can sneak in a few extra date nights. Heck yes.
But above all, life is good because we’re getting to experience a lot of new firsts every day with our sweet baby girl. She surprises us every day with something new, and more and more Olivia is showing us that she loves being outside… which is good, because we love throwing backyard BBQs any chance we get.
The pool is being opened this weekend, so it’s time to dust off the patio and get ready for the first official BBQ of the year… Memorial Day! And you better believe we’ll be celebrating with this Spicy Caramelized Pineapple Bacon Guacamole.
For Asheley and I, guacamole holds a special place in our
stomachs hearts. We can literally eat it all day, every day… and it really is the ultimate party food. Especially when you’ve got a cooler full of beer to go with it.
Friends. Beer. Guacamole. What more can you ask for at a backyard party?
Sure. Guacamole on its own is totally great. But we can do better… we can make it beyond legit. I’m talking bacon and spicy caramelized pineapple. The pineapple? It’s cooked over high heat in bacon fat (ermagherd yes) with ancho chile powder. The result is sugary golden brown pineapple that’s studded with salty bacon flavor and the subtle smoky heat of ancho chile powder. Yup. Pretty epic.
I first fell in love with Food Should Taste Good
when I tried their Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips. They are so freaking flavorful, Asheley and I just eat them straight up. #addictive
Honestly, I had no clue how many varieties of chips Food Should Taste Good
has now. I’m super intrigued by their Falafel and Kimchi flavors. Totally have to try those soon. But bottom line, no matter what flavor you choose, their tortilla chips always deliver on great taste, real, simple ingredients, and are perfect for Memorial Day weekend entertaining!
- 1 bag Food Should Taste Good™ Lime Tortilla Chips
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, diced into 1/2” pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 limes, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet until golden brown and crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and crumble. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease and heat over medium-high heat. Add pineapple and stir in ancho chile powder. Cook until golden brown and caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl and using a fork, mash together red onion, garlic, cumin, avocado, and lime juice. Season generously with Kosher salt. Stir in pineapple and bacon, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
For more information on Food Should Taste Good
Spicy Caramelized Pineapple Bacon Guacamole
Looking for More Backyard BBQ Recipes?