This recipe for Spiral Cut Sausage Bánh Mì was created in partnership with Butterball. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite!
I know… you’ve probably been doing the whole go to work thing all summer long. But for me, every single day for the last 2 months has been the weekend. And it has been absolutely glorious.
All good things must come to an end, though. I guess I’m excited for a new school year. That’s what teachers are supposed to tell themselves. Really, I do enjoy teaching. But I enjoy being home even more.
My friends down south… you are already back to school, aren’t you? Man, that sucks. But then again, you’re done in like May. So there’s that.
But with this time of year comes the whole back-to-school routine. Time gets tight during the week. Putting a quality meal on the table at dinner is no easy feat. Except, it totally can be. Especially with these Spiral Cut Sausage Bánh Mì sandwiches!
Ain’t nobody got time to be in the kitchen all day.
So go ahead… spend your day enjoying time with family and friends. And come dinner time, you can spend just a few minutes to whip up these flavor PACKED Spiral Cut Sausage Bánh Mì. Yup.
Can I be completely honest? I’m not a huge sausage person. I like it. Sometimes. Most times I’m just like ehhhhh.
But this sausage is really delicious. Like, it’s excellent. I love the smoked flavor and bold taste.
And it’s already fully cooked! You just need to heat it through, which makes dinner super quick. Thank you Butterball!
Goodbye that common what’s for dinner thought. Hello quick and easy customizable meal assembly. Boom.
You know what else? Goodbye the thought that turkey is a once a year thing we do at the end of each November. It’s such a great lean protein, a part of a healthy lifestyle, and Butterball is making it really easy to become a Turketarian… so let’s enjoy turkey year round!
Start your knife on one end on an angle, and cut down to the skewer around and around all the way lengthwise to the other end. Just pull apart a bit at the ends to expose the spiral cut interior and that’s it!
So why spiral cut sausage? Increased surface area.
Now comes the fun part… loading up your Spiral Cut Sausage Bánh Mì with all the toppings.
Get all up in my belly Spiral Cut Sausage Bánh Mì. Heck yes.
- 4 Mini Baguettes or Good-Quality Hot Dog Rolls, halved and toasted (optional)
- 1 (13 ounce) package Butterball Every Day Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage
- Pickled Carrots, recipe below
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Spicy Mayo, recipe below
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
for the Pickled Carrots
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
for the Spicy Mayo
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cut each sausage in half so you have a total of 4 shorter sausages. Carefully push a skewer through the center of each sausage. Working one at a time, place skewered sausage on a cutting board and make an angled cut around the sausage all the way down to the skewer, turning as you go. Continue down the entire length of the sausage, and then slightly pull on the ends to expose the spiral cut.
- Grill sausages for about 8 to 10 minutes, until cooked through and charred in spots. Remove from grill and slide sausages off of skewers.
- Lay cucumber slices on one side of bun. Add sausage, pickled carrots, 2 cilantro sprigs per sandwich, and a generous slathering of spicy mayo. Devour immediately.
for the Pickled Carrots
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in small bowl. Whisk together until sugar and salt is fully dissolved. Place shredded carrots in another bowl or jar (I like to use a mason jar) and pour vinegar mixture over carrots. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 day, although they will last for a few weeks.
for the Spicy Mayo
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Spiral Cut Sausage Bánh Mì
Need More Sausage Recipes?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Butterball. The opinions and text are all mine.