- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed*
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine steel cut oats, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, almond milk, water, and a big pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and let cook for 1 minutes. Remove from heat and go to bed. Allow to sit overnight (8 to 12 hours).
- In the morning, stir in brown rice syrup, apple, and cinnamon. Reheat over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If sweeter taste is desired, add a little more brown rice syrup.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. It will thicken as it sits in the fridge, so feel free to add a little bit of liquid when reheating if desired.
You can also buy whole flaxseed and then use a spice grinder to make it into a powder.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins