A light and refreshing berry dessert that comes together in just 15 minutes, this Blackberry Fool is perfect for easy spring and summer entertaining.
- 2 cups blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Puree blackberries and granulated sugar in a food processor. If desired, stir puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds. Reserve 1/2 cup of puree for topping.
- In a medium mixing bowl fitted with an electric mixer, beat together heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Fold in blackberry puree, only stirring 3 to 4 times in order to achieve a streaked look. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to set.
- When ready to serve, divide Blackberry Fool between bowls, top with reserved blackberry puree, and garnish with blackberries.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour