Chicken burgers get a bad rap as being boring and dry, but that ends today with these Chicken, Zucchini, and Mozzarella Burgers topped with a fried egg!
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons TABASCO Chipotle Sauce
- 4 mini ciabatta buns (or other burger buns)
- 4 sunny-side up fried eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt. Let sit for 15 minutes to drain, then wrap zucchini in a few paper towels and wring out as much water as possible.
- Place zucchini in a medium mixing bowl with ground chicken, mozzarella, and Chipotle Tabasco. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix until fully comined and form into 4 patties. Refrigerate for several hours (up to overnight) or place in freezer for 1-2 hours to help patties firm up.
- Preheat grill over medium heat and lightly oil grill grates to prevent burgers from sticking. Grill burgers for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place burgers on buns and top with a sunny-side up eggs. Squirt some extra Chipotle Tabasco on your burgers for a spicy bite. Devour immediately.
*squeezing out excess moisture from zucchini is very important to keep patties together.
*make sure your grill grates are oiled and don’t get all worried if the cheese starts oozing out a bit while cooking.
*make sure to use the Chipotle Sauce variety of TABASCO.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins