Looking for a creative weeknight dinner that’s bold on flavor and light on the waist? Boom. Grilled Summer Vegetable Flatbread with Blueberry, Bacon, and Lemon Ricotta.
- 4 Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts
- 8 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ears corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, sliced about 1/4” thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced about 1/4” thick
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Handful fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil corn in salted water for about 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside. Meanwhile, preheat grill or grill pan on medium heat.
- Grill corn on all sides for a couple minutes, until grill marks are achieved. Grill zucchini and onion slices until tender, about 5-8 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, add cherry tomatoes to the grill (to avoid them falling through the grates, you can skewer them or wrap in aluminum foil). Briefly add pizza crusts to grill to toast. Cut grilled zucchini and onion into bite-sized pieces. Remove corn kernels and discard the cobs.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice with ricotta. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Spread each pizza crust with 1/4 cup of the lemon ricotta in an even layer. Top with grilled zucchini, onion, corn, and cherry tomatoes. Add bacon, blueberries, and mozzarella. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper as desired. Devour immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins