Looking for some creative crostini to add to your party menu? These Mexican Street Corn and Avocado Crostini are the perfect little summer appetizers!
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 4 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco, crumbled*
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook corn for about 5-7 minutes. Remove corn from pot and set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan on medium-high heat. Rub corn with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with Kosher salt. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over, approximately 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly. Cut kernels from cob and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Grill sliced baguette until toasted, approximately 1 minute per side.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, 1/2 of lime juice, paprika, ancho chili powder, and chili powder. Season with Kosher salt. Add to corn kernels and stir to combine.
- Mash avocados in a small mixing bowl and combine with remaining lime juice. Season with Kosher salt.
- Top toasted baguette slices with mashed avocado and corn. Sprinkle with Queso Fresco and chopped cilantro. Devour.
*or Cotija cheese. If you can’t find either, Feta would be a pretty good substitute.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins