- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (approximately) Nutella
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Using a small spoon, drop approximately 20-24 little dollops of nutella (about 1/2-1 teaspoon each) onto a wax paper lined plate. Place in freezer and allow to firm up.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and Kosher salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or in a medium mixing bowl fitted with an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat in egg and vanilla extract. On low speed, add in red food coloring, scraping down sides as necessary. Slowly add in dry ingredients on low speed and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Place plastic wrap directly onto dough to tightly cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to a few days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Remove Nutella from freezer and cookie dough from refrigerator. Take a spoonful of cookie dough, flatten it pretty thin between the palms of your hands, place a frozen Nutella nugget in the center, and form the dough around to completely enclose the Nutella. Roll dough into a ball. Repeat.
- If desired, place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Coat very generously in the powdered sugar. This is not required and purely if you want that crinkle appearance.
- Place on baking sheets and bake approximately 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking tray for a few minutes to set. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Best when served warm.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins