Chocolate and peppermint happily share top billing in these festive cookies. Quick and easy recipe that’s almost too cute to eat!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and Kosher salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined. Scrape down sides and beat in egg and vanilla extract. On low, add in red food coloring and peppermint extract, scraping down sides as necessary. Slowly add in dry ingredients on low speed and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Place plastic wrap directly onto dough to tightly cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to a few days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Scoop cookie dough and roll into small balls. Coat very generously in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheets and bake approximately 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking tray for a few minutes to set. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes