When you want to bring the heat and the sweet to your next party… Roasted Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas for the win!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup silver tequila
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, like Gran Gala
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup/nectar
- 2–3 cups ice
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place strawberries on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with sugar. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the strawberries are soft and bubbling. Let cool and then scrape strawberries and juice into blender.
- Meanwhile, cut a jalapeno in half lengthwise and add to tequila. Let sit, undisturbed, for 30 minutes. Taste for spice level, and continue to steep with jalapenos until desired level of heat is reached. Pour tequila through a fine mesh sieve and discard jalapenos.
- Add jalapeno infused tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and agave syrup to blender and mix until well incorporated. Add ice, 1 cup at a time, until margaritas reach desired frozen consistency.
To coat the rim of your glasses with sugar or Kosher salt (or half and half if you want to go all out crazy and do that sweet and salty combo thang), simple run a wedge of lime around the rim of the glass, and then dip in sugar/salt to your heart’s content.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins