- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (more or less depending desired level of spiciness)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked brown or white rice
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Generously season chicken with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken and sear until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add to a slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray. Stir pineapple juice into skillet and scrap up any browned bits stuck in the pan using a wooden spoon. Remove skillet from heat and stir in honey, soy sauce, sriracha, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and increase heat to high. Combine water with cornstarch in a small bowl and add to slow cooker, stirring until fully incorporated. Cook for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens a bit. Return chicken to slow cooker to coat with sauce.
- Divide rice among four bowls and top with chicken thighs. Spoon sauce over chicken and top with scallions and a lime wedge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes