- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups (1 jar) Chi Chi’s Smoky Chipotle Salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- flour or corn tortillas, heated
- sliced avocado
- crumbled queso fresco
- chopped cilantro
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook chicken on HIGH for 4-6 hours, until chicken falls apart and shreds easily with a fork. Shred chicken with two forks.
- Layer tortillas with salsa chicken and desired toppings. Devour!
Feel free to top your Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos with your favorite toppings! I used sliced avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco here, but there’s PLENTY of other options, such as:
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- corn or corn salsa
- black, pinto beans, or refried beans
- pico de gallo