- 1 pound Australis Barramundi, skin removed and 1/2″ diced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 ears corn kernels, roasted
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, to taste
- 4 avocados, mashed
- Kosher salt
- Plantain Chips
- Combine diced Barramundi and lime juice in a small glass bowl. Make sure all fish is submerged in lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer, depending on doneness preference* and until fish is white and opaque (the lime juice will actually “cook” the fish). Don’t let it marinate in the lime juice for too long or else the fish will start to deteriorate.
- Remove from refrigerator and drain excess lime juice from the fish. In a medium mixing bowl, combine fish, roasted corn, red onion, serrano chiles, chives, and cilantro. Season with Kosher salt.
- Season mashed avocado with Kosher salt. Divide mashed avocado between 8 small plates or bowls. You can use a small round cookie cutter to “mold” your avocado if desired. Top mashed avocado with ceviche and serve with plantain chips. Devour immediately
*start checking the fish at the 30 minute mark for doneness and then check back every 10 minutes until it reaches desired doneness and consistency (my family liked it best right around the 60 minute mark).
- Prep Time: 75 mins