- 1 pint (approximately 3 cups) vegetable fried rice
- 2 eggs
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Sriracha, divided
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Panko
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine fried rice, eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, and 1 tablespoon sriracha (or more, to taste). Chill for 2 hours (or freeze for about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Carefully roll mixture into 1″ diameter balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. The balls will feel very loose and fragile. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until solid.
- Whisk 1/4 cup flour with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Once smooth, whisk in remaining 1/4 cup water to make a slurry. Place panko in a medium bowl and season with Kosher salt. Working quickly, dip each rice ball in the flour-water slurry, and then fully coat in panko crumbs. Place back on parchment lined baking sheet and freeze 30 more minutes, or until ready to fry.
- Meanwhile, combine ranch dressing with 2 teaspoons Sriracha (or more to taste) in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large skillet, pour enough oil to reach 1/2 way up the rice balls. Heat over medium/medium-high heat until a deep-frying thermometer reaches 350° F. Fry the rice balls, in batches, for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with Kosher salt, and devour.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 10 mins