Using a super secret ingredient, this Vegan and Dairy Free Chocolate Salted Caramel Pudding is a ridiculously creamy, rich, and luxurious dessert!
- 1 (12 ounce) package organic silken tofu, drained
- 4 1/4 ounces good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegan caramel sauce**
- Pinch salt
for the Vegan Caramel Sauce**
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Combine dark chocolate, cocoa powder, almond milk, and coconut sugar in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on half power, stirring between each, until chocolate is just melted through (don’t overheat!).
- Meanwhile, place silken tofu in a food processor and blend until very smooth. Add in melted chocolate mixture, vegan caramel sauce, pinch of salt, and blend until just combined. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and place in refrigerator for at least an hour to allow pudding to firm up a bit. When ready to serve, divide among four bowls and drizzle with more caramel sauce.
for the Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Combine coconut sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and mixture bubbles for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, stir to fully combine, turn down heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Allow to cool
*if making this vegan, make sure to get a good vegan dark chocolate.
**There are several good quality vegan caramel sauces out there that you can buy. If you can’t find any or want to make your own, then feel free to use this recipe.