- 4 cups cooked pearl barley, pearl couscous, or farro, cooled to room temperature*
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 plums, sliced**
- 2 ears corn, grilled and kernels removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil, chopped
- Gently combine cooked grains, shallots, avocados, plums, corn kernels, and walnuts in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil with apple cider vinegar. Season generously with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir into grain salad until fully combined. Just before serving, toss in chopped basil. Devour.
*really, feel free to use any grain. Mix and match your favorites!
**feel free to substitute in any other in-season, perfectly ripe stone fruit (nectarines work great!)