- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a cupcake liner into each cup of the muffin tin.
- Whisk together egg, milk, and oil. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until just incorporated. Stir in mini chocolate chips until just even dispersed throughout batter. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 way full. Sprinkle each muffin with a pinch of sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops just start turning golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in muffin tin for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool until ready to eat! Muffins best served warm.
*the recipe calls for 3/4 mini chocolate chips, but I 100% measure that with my heart. Just make sure you have enough chocolate studded throughout the batter!
*make sure to use MINI chocolate chips. I’ve tried to use regular sized chocolate chips in a pinch and they are not nearly as good
*these muffins freeze VERY well. Just put in a ziploc bag once completely cool and freeze. To reheat from frozen, place muffin in microwave and heat on half power for about 45 seconds. Every microwave is different though so it may need a little more/less time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 19 minutes