Carnitas Tacos with Pickled Onions and Salsa Verde
- Warm corn tortillas by wrapping in a very slightly dampened towel (kitchen towel or paper towel) and microwaving on medium power until heated through. Alternatively, briefly heat tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat, one at a time.
- Feel free to purchase corn tortillas at your local supermarket to save time or substitute flour tortillas if you prefer.
- Top each tortilla with some carnitas, a few pickled onions, and a spoonful of salsa verde. Sprinkle with queso fresco and cilantro.
- If you cannot find queso fresco, you can substitute cojita, feta, or paneer cheese.
- Leftovers: Pickled onions can be stored for a few weeks in the fridge. Salsa Verde can be stored in the fridge for several days. Leftover carnitas can be stored in fridge for a couple days or frozen for quite awhile wrapped in foil and sealed in a plastic bag. Reheat carnitas wrapped in foil in a 350°F oven until warmed through.