- 1 (16 ounce block) Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 cups crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos*
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 4″ x 1/2″ sticks, similar to the size of string cheese. In a small bowl, combine crushed Doritos and Panko. Place eggs and flour in separate bowls.
- Working one at a time, dip mozzarella sticks in flour and completely coat. Dip into egg wash to coat completely and allow excess egg to drip back into bowl. Coat the cheese fully in Doritos mixture, patting to adhere as necessary. Place cheese sticks on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Cover and freeze until frozen, about 30-60 minutes (or up to 2 days).
- Heat enough oil in a deep skillet over medium/medium-high to cover 1/2 – 3/4 way up mozzarella sticks. Once hot (to test, drop a bread crumb in oil… if it starts sizzling, you’re good to go) and working in batches, fry the mozzarella sticks until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Adjust temperature of oil as needed (too hot and they will brown too quick). Remove to a paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with Kosher salt. Serve immediately with marinara sauce.
*About 2/3 of a regular-sized bag. Crush chips in a food processor until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs (similar to Panko)