- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flaky sea salt
- 1 quart caramel ice cream or gelato*
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave in 30 second intervals on half power, stirring after each, until chocolate is just melted through. Whisk in brown sugar granulated sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking between each. Stir in baking soda, Kosher salt, cocoa powder, and flour until just combined. Briefly incorporate chocolate chips and place cookie dough in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dough from refrigerator and scoop approximate 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized balls on parchment-lined baking sheets. Dough will be quite loose… that’s okay! Allow room between cookies, as they will spread a bit during baking. Bake for 11 minutes and immediately after removing from oven, sprinkle each cookie with a little bit of flaky sea salt. Allow to cool for a bit on the baking sheet (they will set as they cool) before transferring to a rack.
- When ready to serve, generously scoop caramel ice cream between two brownie cookies. Devour immediately.
*I really enjoy the Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins