Recipe adapted from here.
- 1 bag plain popcorn, popped
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2–3 tablespoons gochujang (depending upon desired spicy level)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pepitas
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line 2 baking trays with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cookign spray.
- Combine popcorn, peanuts, cashews, and pepitas in a medium mixing bowl.
- Bring coconut oil and honey to a boil over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in gochujang, salt, and baking soda. It will foam up, so don’t get freaked out!
- Immediately drizzle honey gochujang syrup over popcorn, and invert another medium mixing bowl on top. Shake vigorously to coat popcorn and nuts with honey gochujang syrup. Divide between two baking trays in a single layer. Bake for 60 minutes, briefly stirrinb half way through.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins