- 1 (16 ounce) store bough pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) bag of spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 8 Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs, halved
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Place a pizza stone on lowest rack in oven and preheat oven to 500°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach, season with Kosher salt, and cook until wilted. Let cool and then wrap spinach in a few paper towels and squeeze out any excess moisture. This will help keep the pizza from turning soggy.
- Lightly dust a pizza peel with flour. Working quickly, dust pizza dough with flour and stretch gently into a thin circle(ish) shape. Spread pizza sauce in a thin, even layer across dough. Scatter spinach, meatball halves, and ricotta on pizza. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- With a quick jerk motion the pizza should easily release from the peel onto the pizza stone in oven (this is why it’s important to flour both the peel and dough, and work quickly). Bake pizza in oven for approximately 15 minutes. Depending upon the thickness of your dough, it could take a little less or a little more, so check frequently.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 1-2 minutes, then slice and serve!
You can find premade pizza dough at many grocery stores, but my favorite option to grab one from your local pizzeria! They are usually the same price as the ones in the supermarket and taste way better. Just remember your dough should be room temperature or else it won't stretch as easily!
I use part skim ricotta and mozzarella because it helps keep the moisture down on the pizza. I find when I use whole milk cheeses on pizza, it adds excess water and the pizza gets a bit soggy. Park skim is PERFECT for pizzas!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15