- 6 ounces Patrón Reposado
- 2 ounces Patrón Citrónge Lime
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces fresh mango puree
- 2 ounces Spicy Rose Syrup (see below)
- Green Chili-Salt Rim*
- Dehydrated lime wheel, for garnish**
- Mint sprig, for garnish
for the Spicy Rose Syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 slices jalapeño
- 2 dashes rose water
- Combine the Patrón Reposado, Patrón Citrónge Lime, lime juice, mango puree, and spicy rose syrup in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill. Strain into chilled cocktail coupes with chili-salt rim. Garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel and mint sprig.
for the Spicy Rose Syrup:
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan and heat until sugar fully dissolved. Let cool, then mix two ounces simple syrup with jalapeño and rose water. Let flavors meld until desired level of heat is achieved, then remove jalapeño.
*to make the Green Chili-Salt Rim: mixologist and creator of the Mumbai Margarita Hemant Pathak says to combine salt with fresh green chiles, cilantro, and a bit of garlic. However, I modified this to make it a little bit easier at home but keep the essence of the green infused salt. To achieve this, I dehydrated some cilantro in the microwave and pulsed it with Kosher salt in a food processor until the salt was fully combined and uniform in consistency. To dehydrate cilantro, just place leaves in a single layer on a paper towel and microwave in 20 second intervals until completely dry.
**to make the dehydrated limes, I followed SpoonForkBacon’s directions here. It’s SUPER easy. Just slice one lime in 1/4″ thick wheels and preheat oven to 170°F. Place the lime slices in a single layer on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, and let cook about 3 to 4 hours (until the lime slices are totally dry but slightly pliable). Remove from oven and let cool completely. They’ll keep just fine in a ziploc bag or storage container for a week, so feel free to make ahead!
- Prep Time: 30 mins