- 1 (9 count) package waffle bowls
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 quart good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 8 ounces good-quality chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Working one at a time, completely wrap waffle bowl in dampened paper towels. Make sure your paper towels are moist. Microwave for 45-50 seconds* and working quickly and carefully, mold bowl into a taco shape with your hands. It will harden quickly and might tear very slightly. That’s okay, since we’re covering it with chocolate anyway! Allow to dry and crisp back up completely.
- Using a small offset spatula, spread a thick, even layer of Nutella on the inside of each taco shell. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking tray and freeze until Nutella is solid, about 30 minutes.
- Soften ice cream slightly in microwave. Working quickly, scoop ice cream into taco shells. You want to overfill a little bit, so ice cream slightly comes above the top of each taco shell. Return to freezer and allow ice cream to harden completely, about 60 minutes.
- Place chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt over half power in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is just melted. You want to the chocolate to be as cool as possible in the melted stage, since the hotter it is, the more risk the ice cream will melt.
- Quickly dip each taco into the chocolate. Refreeze until chocolate is hard, about 15 minutes. Serve and devour!
These Nutella Choco Tacos can be made days ahead of time and kept in freezer wrapped in plastic wrap. Shell will get slightly less crispy over time.
*each microwave is different. Mine takes 45-50 seconds, but yours might take a little less or a little more!