- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded** and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce, mild or medium*
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread cream cheese in a thin, even layer in a 8x8" baking dish. Layer in tomatoes and onions, and then drizzle a thin even layer of taco sauce. Top with shredded cheese and bake in oven until bubbling and cheese on top is melted, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips and devour!
*depending on the level of heat you want
**imagine you're cutting the tomatoes like an apple, discarding the "core" where most of the seeds and watery inside are. You preferably want the firm flesh only since the watery seeded area just makes the dip a bit more soggy. If you end up using the whole tomato, that is totally okay as well, just know the dip may be a bit more runny.
- You can assemble this taco dip several hours ahead and just pop it in the oven when ready.
- I've also heated this taco dip at 375°F when I have other things going in the oven and it works totally fine at that temperature as well. Just note it may be ready to serve sooner since you're heating it at a higher temperature.
- If you don't have taco sauce available, I've used salsa in it's place successfully (smooth is better than chunky, in my opinion)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes