- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (more/less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 heads of broccoli florets, steamed
- Cooked white or brown rice
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Remove excess fat from chicken thighs and place in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, tomato paste, rice vinegar, olive oil, sriracha (optional), onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour over chicken and stir to coat. Cook for 4-6 hours on LOW.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, and stir into the sauce in slow cooker. Turn up slow cooker to HIGH and allow sauce to thicken, about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, shred chicken with two forks. Add shredded chicken back into slow cooker and stir to coat.
- Divide rice among four bowls. Top with broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours 15 minutes