- 1 pound boneless pork belly, cut into a 1/2″ dice
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 16 ounces kimchi, squeezed dry and chopped, juice reserved (Buy Here)
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (Buy Here)
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru (Buy Here)
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 6 (3 ounce) packages instant ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 6 to 8 poached eggs
- 2 bunches of scallions, chopped
- Place pork belly, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add pork belly and marinade to a heavy-bottom soup pot over medium-low heat. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes. Add onion to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, 5-8 minutes, or until onion has softened.
- Turn up heat to medium high and add kimchi (no juice), gochujang, and gochugaru. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add kimchi juice, broth, and water, stir to combine, and lower heat to maintain a simmer for 20 minutes. If you have time to spare, feel free to let simmer for a bit longer.
- During the last 2 to 3 minutes of the ramen broth simmering, cook ramen noodles in boiling water until just cooked through (if you cook too long, they will turn to mush).
- Divide ramen broth between 6 to 8 bowls. Gently lower in ramen noodles into each bowl. Top with a poached egg and a sprinkle of scallions. Dig in, slurp like crazy, and devour.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins