- 5 – 6 ears of corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chile de arbol powder*
- Kosher salt
- Queso Fresco, crumbled**
- *If you cannot find chile de arbol powder, substitute with another chile powder with a good amount of heat.
- **if unable to find queso fresco, you may substitute with cojita chese, farmer’s cheese, or even a mild feta cheese.
- Remove the husks and silk from corn and cut kernels off the cob. Reserve cobs. Heat butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add corn kernels, ancho chile powder, chile de arbol powder, and a generous pinch of Kosher salt.
- Using the back of your knife (dull side of the blade), scrape up and down the sides of the reserved cobs over the skillet to release some of the corn’s milk into the mixture.
- Let corn cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle crumbled queso fresco on top of the corn and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes