- 1 package store-bought cheese ravioli
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 bunch (approximately 1 pound) asparagus
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Break off tough ends of asparagus and arrange in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle generously with Kosher salt. Toss to coat. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, until asparagus is tender but still crisp. Chop roasted asparagus into bite-size pieces.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Using a microzester, zest lemon and add, along with juice of the lemon, to skillet. Season with Kosher salt and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids and return lemon butter sauce to skillet. Stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with Kosher salt and cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain ravioli and add to skillet with lemon butter sauce, along with peas and roasted asparagus. Toss to coat.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top with remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and basil. Devour.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins