This Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Mousse only takes minutes to prepare, can be made ahead, and is a healthy and creative gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan dessert! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- 6 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) package silken tofu
- 5 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Chambord, optional
- Place all but a few raspberries (leave those for garnish) in a fine mesh sieve resting over a bowl. Using the back of a spoon, force raspberries through the sieve, squeezing as much juice from raspberries as possible. Discard solids left behind in sieve.
- Wrap silken tofu between a few layers of paper towels and let drain for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine dark chocolate, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, almond milk, and pinch Kosher salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on half power, stirring between each, until chocolate is just melted through (don’t overheat!).
- Place silken tofu In a food processor and blend until very smooth. Add in melted chocolate mixture, 1/4 cup raspberry puree, and 2 tablespoons Chambord (optional), and blend until just smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and place in refrigerator for at least an hour to allow mousse to firm up a bit. When ready to serve, divide among bowls and top with raspberries, additional raspberry puree (if desired), and/or coconut whipped cream* (or other vegan whipped cream).
*a quick Google search for “Coconut Whipped Cream” will give you plenty of awesome recipes to choose from.
- Prep Time: 15 mins