- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 ears grilled corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Red chiles, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Slice corn kernels off the grilled corn cobs and set aside. Break two of those corn cobs in half and add to vegetable stock in a small pot. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 30 minutes. Remove cobs and discard.
- Heat olive oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Stir in red curry paste, lime juice, and half of the grilled corn kernels and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add coconut milk and corn-infused vegetable stock. Season with Kosher salt, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Using an immersion blender*, puree soup until very smooth, and then let simmer another 10 minutes.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl or pot. Pour soup into sieve and stir to help push the soup through the sieve. Return soup to stove over medium heat, add remaining grilled corn kernels, and taste and season with more Kosher salt if needed. Scoop soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro, red chiles, and lime wedges. Devour immediately
*alternatively, you can carefully pour soup into a blender and puree. Just be super careful and hold down the lid of the blender while pureeing, as the steam from the soup will try to pop it off.
**you can serve this as a main dish for lunch or dinner (if for dinner, I would definitely serve with a half of sandwich or something like that), but my favorite way to serve this is as an appetizer for parties. They make for great little “soup shooters” that you can serve in shot glasses or other small vessels.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins