- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups kimchi, drained and roughly chopped
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped into roughly 1″ pieces
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Optional (but recommended) toppings:
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- Scallions, chopped
- Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Pico de Gallo
- Gojuchang Aioli
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a medium pan until golden brown and fat is rendered. Remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Add kimchi to the bacon drippings and cook, stirring ocassionally, until it starts to caramelize, about 6-8 minutes.
- Build your quesadillas. Mix cheeses together. Sprinkle approximately 1/2 cup of cheese onto a tortilla, followed by a bit of kimchi and bacon. Top with another 1/2 cup of cheese and another tortilla. Repeat three more times with remaining tortillas.
- Spray a medium sized skillet (one big enough to fit your tortillas) with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Cook quesadillas, one at a time and spraying pan with nonstick spray inbetween each one, for about 1-2 minutes, until tortilla is golden brown, and then carefully flip and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately with avocado, scallions, queso fresco, pico de gallo, and/or gochujang aioli.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes