Turn your favorite summertime drink into a super simple spiked Iced Coffee Granita dessert recipe perfect for easy entertaining!
Us food bloggers. We all have secret “lists” of ideas and recipes we want to try. Mine is a google doc about a mile long. I finally get around to crossing one off the list, only to add like a bajillion new future creations to take a crack at. Fellow bloggers, please tell me I’m not alone on this?!
Something that I really wanted to make first thing summer hit? Granita.
And yup, it’s August.
How the heck is it August already?! ::groan::
But hey, better late than never. And there’s still a few more weeks of summer left before that dreadful first day of school returns. It’s time to celebrate. Iced Coffee Granita style.
As shocking as this is, I’m actually not a coffee drinker. Never had a cup in my life. I’m one of those annoying “morning people” that actually loves to get up right when the alarm goes off and get the day started off running.
Well, not actual running. Because ugh.
But you know who loves her coffee? You know who likes appreciates needs demands it before anyone even looks at her? Yup, my beautiful wife.
She was happy to be the official taste tester for this recipe.
I was so pleasantly shocked how incredibly easy this was to pull together, thanks to International Delight’s ready-made Iced Coffee.
Like, I’m pretty sure my 4 year old niece could do it. Seriously.
Maybe…. maybe… there’s like 5 minutes of active prep work in making this refreshing summer dessert. It’s easy entertaining times a thousand, people.Print
Iced Coffee Granita
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
- 2 cups International Delight Iced Original Coffee
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate liqueur
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Whipped Cream
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
for the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate liqueur
- Combine iced coffee, 2 tablespoons of the liqueur, and lemon zest in an 8-inch square baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer on a level surface.
- After about 20 minutes, scrape ice crystals with a fork. Repeat about every 20 minutes until all of the mixture is frozen into a pile of flaky ice crystals. Allow mixture to sit in freezer for an additional 15 minutes to firm up before serving.
- Divide among 4-6 glasses and top with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder for garnish.
for the Whipped Cream
- Place heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of white chocolate liqueur into a mixing bowl and whisk (I use my stand mixer… and electric hand mixer also does the trick) just until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
If making granita ahead of time, keep frozen and then just fluff with fork again before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
Head over to the International Delight facebook page to enter their summer iced coffee giveaway!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.