- 10–12 Ripe Plum Tomatoes, Quartered
- 1 Head of Garlic, cloves peeled
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 2 cups loosely packed basil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 cup red wine
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to roasting pan and stir. Place in preheated 450° oven and cook for 60-75 minutes, until the garlic has turned a beautiful golden brown, stirring half way through.
- Allow mixture to cool and blend in food processor or blender, to desired consistency.