This recipe for Huevos Rancheros Sausage Breakfast Tacos is sponsored by Johnsonville® and Social Stars. As always, all opinions and recipes are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite! #SausageFamily
Done in under 10 minutes, these Huevos Rancheros Sausage Breakfast Tacos are the perfect reason to wake up excited on weekdays.
Full confession time. I’m not the best when it comes time to cooking breakfast. Normally Asheley and I are always on the run to get out the door… something that now is definitely going to be compounded by the whole having a 2-month-old added into the mix.
But man, I gotta get better at making us breakfast in the morning. Especially now as we transition back to the real world i.e. work (Asheley goes back this week and me the next), I want to start eating better. And as my mommy always told me, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Now look at these Huevos Rancheros Sausage Breakfast Tacos. Aren’t these worth spending 10 minutes on every morning? Yes, every morning. They are that good.
Growing up, I was always a bacon guy. My mom never ever made sausage (probably my picky-eater-father’s fault) . Whenever I went out to breakfast and the server asked sausage or bacon… I didn’t understand the question. Doesn’t everyone prefer bacon?
But then a couple of years ago I revolted and said the heck with it. Let’s get crazy and finally see what this breakfast sausage is all about. It was a moment of enlightment and anger… I could finally see the breakfast sausage light, but was angry at all the previous missed opportunities to indulge in this morning treat.
And with Johnsonville® fully cooked breakfast sausage, weekday breakfast just got a whole lot quicker. These Huevos Rancheros Sausage Breakfast Tacos are protein-packed and can be served up in less than 10 minutes (and by my calculations of the speed at which I inhaled them, about 67 seconds to eat).
Mornings… you just got a little bit happier 😉
- 12 corn tortillas
- 6 sunny-side up fried eggs
- 6 Johnsonville® Original Recipe Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage Links
- ⅔ cup salsa
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Questo Fresco, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Hot sauce, for garnish
- If desired, heat tortillas (it should be desired). You can do so in the oven, in a nonstick pan, or in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel.
- Meanwhile, heat breakfast sausage according to package directions and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Double up tortillas (2 per taco) and top with breakfast sausage pieces, an egg, salsa, corn, black beans, and chopped avocado.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of queso fresco, cilantro, and hot sauce, if desired. Devour immediately.