Why would you want to make a quick and easy meal when you could instead spend all day in the kitchen? …said no person ever.
Don’t get me wrong. I love hanging out with my arsenal of cooking gadgets, and enjoying a relaxing day cooking is pretty fantastic in my eyes. But honestly, sometimes you just need to get food on the table with minimal effort. And when life gets a bit hectic (especially during those busy work weeks), or just when I’m feeling a little lazy, my slow cooker and I are great friends.
And hey all you football fans. Yea, I’m talking to you. This makes for ridiculously easy and delicious game day food. It’s pretty simple. Wake up. Dump stuff in slow cooker. Eat it during the game. All the flavor of buffalo chicken wings, minus the whole need for a massive stockpile of napkins.
Personally, I don’t really watch football. Except the Super Bowl, but that’s more just of an excuse to get together with friends. I actually really don’t watch any sports on a regular basis, unless you count golf. I love watching golf. No, seriously, that’s not even sarcasm. I was captain of my varsity golf team back in the day. That’s right, I was big time. No big deal.
And don’t you dare try to argue with me that golf isn’t a sport. I love having that debate with people.
Stay tuned throughout the week for 3 fun recipe ideas featuring this slow cooker buffalo chicken!Print
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz bottle Buffalo wing sauce, preferably Frank’s*
- 1 oz packet of dry ranch dressing mix, preferably Hidden Valley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbl butter
- *make sure it’s the wing sauce and not just hot sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wing sauce, dry ranch mix, and garlic. Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours (mine took closer to 6), until the meat is very tender and shreds easily. Remove meat from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker, along with the butter. Stir to combine, and cook on low for 1 additional hour so chicken can absorb the sauce.
- Can be enjoyed as a base for sandwiches, tacos, nachos, lettuce wraps, and wherever else your creativity takes you!