Classic s’mores are great and all, but if you want to create the best s’mores recipe, you need… the Ultimate S’mores Bar!
Our first week in the new house… and it’s starting to come together!
First floor is (almost) completely painted.
Kitchen is unpacked (duh, that was top priority in my mind from day 1).
Now it’s on to painting the second floor bedrooms and unpacking all sorts of boxes. Once everything is set up, I’ll be sure to share some photos with y’all.
And you better believe we’ll be having an end of summer bash. And you know what I’ll be serving up all our friends and family for dessert? This Ultimate S’mores Bar.
…because I’m pretty sure that the best s’mores recipe will come out of having all these options at your fingertips.
Top 5 reasons to host an ultimate s’mores bar?
- It’s a super easy, prep-ahead dessert for easy summer entertaining.
- Kids love it.
- Adults love it even more.
- You’ll become a backyard bbq legend within your circle of family and friends.
- Seriously, do you need a 5th reason? It’s s’mores times 1,000. For realz.
Okay, okay… if you really do need a 5th reason, how about a look at some s’mores options. The say a picture is worth a 1,000 words:
So there you have it. The ultimate s’mores bar.
You put out the toppings. And then let the s’mores artistry begin.Print
The Best S’mores Recipe – Ultimate S’mores Bar
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: A lot!
- Graham Crackers
- Dark or Milk Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Waffle Cookies
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookie Butter or Speculoos
- Candied Bacon (recipe below)
- Roasted Berries (recipe below)
- Caramel Sauce
- Sea Salt
- Bananas, sliced
- Chili Powder
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips and Pretzels (recipe below)
- Milky Ways, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Snickers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Kit Kats, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Reese Peanut Butter Cups
- Brown Sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips and Pretzels
- Potato Chips
- Mini Pretzels
- Dark Chocolate
- I don’t think anyone needs a lesson in how to build a s’mores, but here’s the idea…
- Using a stick, long grilling fork, or wood skewer, stick on a marshmallow and roast over an open flame for 30-60 seconds, or until toasted.
- Place roasted marshmallow between 2 graham crackers (or cookies, etc) lined with chocolate and/or any other toppings. Devour immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375-400°F. Sprinkle both sides of strips of bacon with brown sugar. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and cook in oven until crisp, about 15-25 minutes. Transfer candied bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Spread into an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in a 450°F oven for 20-25 minutes. Transfer fruit and syrup to a bowl. Let cool completely before using on s’mores.
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips and Pretzels
- Place some dark chocolate in a small bowl and microwave on medium power just until barely melted through, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip pretzels and potato chips in chocolate and place on a piece of wax paper to allow chocolate to harden.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Need some inspiration for your s’mores bar? Check out these 15+ Creative S’mores Recipes!
I still haven’t ever tried s’mores before- they look and sound amazing!
Ermagherd….. Jess! You totally need to try a s’mores! It’s a classic American summer delight!
Moving is hard work and it sounds like you guys are getting things done fast. Perfect timing for an end of the summer P-A-R-T-Y! I love this idea of a s’mores bar. All these combination look so delicious! I’ll take one of each 😀
One of each.. exactly! That’s exactly how I roll hahaha
My in-laws were visiting from Europe last week and we showed them how to make good ol’ campfire smores in the backyard! Next time we will have to whip up some of these amazing combos (Cookie butter smore!?! Ingenius!!!).
Thanks so much Ceara!
STOP RUINING MY WEDDING DIET IT IS RUDE AND CRUEL AND STUFF.
but I’m pinning it anyway 🙂
Excited to see pictures of your house once you two are all settled in!
And I love this – I have wanted to do a s’mores bar forever at a party …. but I’m holding off until I can convince my husband we need a fire-pit. Perfect way to break it in 🙂
Ohhhhh you totally need a fire pit! Tell your husband I said so. Go ahead Ashley, treat yourself!
Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps
Love everything about this post. Seriously. S’mores bar? Yes?! And you’ll find this appalling, but I haven’t had a s’more ALL summer. What?!
Nicole. Listen, we need to have a serious chat. You need to make a s’more immediately!!! You can’t go through an entire summer without a s’more!
What an awesome idea, Chris! We just made smores on the fire pit the other night, and it totally rocked. But I didn’t think about bacon. Bacon makes everything better! You are a very smart man. #WolfpackEats
Dude, you totally gotta try it with candied bacon. It may change your s’mores life… forever.
The last time I had a smore was when my age was in the single digits!!! How nuts is that!?!!
Completely unacceptable GiGi! You totally need to come up with a GiGi-approved s’more!
Alice // Hip Foodie Mom
oh. my. gawd. AMAZING!!! love love love .. you are brilliant! a S’mores bar is the perfect idea!!!
Thanks so much Alice! Can you tell my wife that I’m brilliant? I keep trying to tell her that, but she doesn’t seem to see it that way hahaha
Yay for unpacking the kitchen – that’s the first thing I did too when we moved into our home!
So…this end of summer bash – it better be for your blogger friends too – cos I bought my ticket! No way am I gonna pass on a smores bar with “Candied Bacon” and “Chocolate Covered Potato Chips and Pretzels”!!!
Good, I expect and demand you there Shashi!!!
You are KILLING ME with these s’mores! I need them in my life. Alllll of them. 🙂
Yes, yes you do. We all need more s’mores in our life 🙂
Alessandra // the foodie teen
Oreo smores = genius! Love all the melty gooey marshmallow pictures too!
Thanks so much Alessandra!
Becca from It's Yummi!
Oh my flippin’ word… did you really put candied bacon on a s’more, Chris?! You DID, you DID! I think I love you <3
Oh heck yea I did! Lol!
Olivia - Primavera Kitchen
What a GREAT post, Chris! My mouth is watering just looking at all these melty gooey marshmallow wonderful pictures!
Chris, these s’mores combinations are incredible — you’re one s’more creative genius! I have yet to make s’mores anything this summer — bad me! This is the inspiration I need!
You have a few weeks left Marcie! Get s’more making!
A S’mores BAR?! This is genius/fun/I want to have my own personal s’mores bar ALWAYS!
Also, Candied bacon and chocolate covered chips in a s’more? You are amazing. Pinned!
Thanks so much Taylor 🙂
Consequently yummy! That appears impressive!
Holy. S’mores. Those look incredible. Can you believe I have not made a single batch of s’mores all summer??? Those combos make me want to play some serious catch up. Good luck with the rest of your move in!!
Yes, it’s definitely time for some serious s’more catch up! Make it happen Laura 🙂