With just 5 ingredients and a few minutes of prep, you can make some ultimate game day grub with these Quick and Easy Buffalo Garlic Knots!
Guys, I am SO pumped. Today’s an exciting day. One of my fellow dude food blog wolfpack buddies is very soon expecting his first baby! I couldn’t be happier for you, David (and Laura)!
I’m totally confident that, being your son and all, little man Spiced Blog is going to be well acquainted with grilling, Southern hospitality, and will quickly become one of the Olympic curling team hopefuls.
And listen David, you’re going to be an amazing dad. I mean, with all the homemade ice cream you make, anyone would love to be your kid. But hey, I figured I would share with you some of the vast knowledge and deep wisdom I’ve learned in my last whole 3 and 1/2 months of being a dad myself…
- Burp cloths. Buy stock in them. You can never have enough of them, and they are never close enough when you need them.
- Just when you sit down to give the little guy a bottle (and give Laura a well-deserved break, of course), you’ll realize that your phone and remote control are JUST out of arm’s reach. The worst.
- Spontaneity is over. Everything is now scrupulously planned, including when you can fit in showering and going to the bathroom. The struggle is real.
- Feeding yourself is no longer a right. It’s a luxury. Especially a hot meal. Your baby will have the uncanny ability to be perfectly quiet during the whole meal-making process. As soon as you sit down to eat, their brain is activated to start crying.
- Lastly, and most important… everyone told me that having kids was the best thing they’ve ever done. It’s 100% unequivocally true. You’ll love like you’ve never loved before. It’s truly amazing.
I know David is going to be up all hours of the day (and possibly night) chilling with his little man. He’s gonna want to soak in every moment as a new little family, but I also know David is all about big flavors. So he’s gonna be needing grub like these creative garlic knots that only takes a couple minutes of prep and can be done in under 20 minutes… and fills him up big time (because who knows when you’ll remember or actually have the chance to eat again).
And since David’s going to be up a whole lot with his dude, I know he’ll be teaching his son all about the finer things in life, including all his favorite sport teams (even if David rooted for Belgium instead of USA in the World Cup a few years back). I can just see David now, chilling on the couch watching some college basketball, with his son in one arm and the other reaching into the bowl of these Quick and Easy Buffalo Garlic Knots. Because dudes’ gotta eat some great game day grub when watching sports. It’s a rule.
Congratulations David + Laura! You are going to be amazing parents!
Thank you SO much to all my super talented food blogger friends who are joining in on the virtual baby shower fun! Make sure to check out all of their DUDE FOOD recipes below:
Something Amazing by Real Food By Dad